Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Puente de Mayo

We had another "bridge" this week - two bank holidays in the middle of the week, requiring only one day's holiday to make a bridge of five days off work. In the end I had to go into work today but it has been nice to spend some time with the family, even if it has been raining (and hailing for god's sake).

I've been enjoying my new found freedom to train as I see fit. I haven't managed to hook up with anyone else yet and, with the awful weather, I've been training mostly indoors accompanied only by a film. My wife pointed out that my training flexibility means in practice that I can just happen to "feel like training" every time the kids need bathing, the dog needs walking, when it's homework time, etc... She has a point, of course, so I'll have to keep an eye on that... So far I have ended up doing about the same amount of training as before, the only difference is that I don't worry too much about when I do it. As a result it often ends up getting split into several shorter sessions. Not the same as doing it all in one go but a lot better than not doing anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment