Friday, April 27, 2012

II Carrera Solidaria Santander (10K)


Two days into my "sabbatical" from structured training and competition and already a race that I just can't say no to. Last year I was unable to take part because it clashed with something but, given that it is a race organized by my employer in which they are attempting to muster 9,000 runners (across Madrid, Valencia and Santander) as well as the proceeds going to Unicef, it is hard to find a reason not to run this year. Last year's race was won by the eltie duathlete, José Almagro, who entered it as a "training run". The standard otherwise was a bit lower than the usual popular races round here but that might well tempt higher calibre runners this time around. The race isn't until the 10th of June so I have a bit of time to prepare...

No comments:

Post a Comment