Friday, August 19, 2011

Running in America

I think it's fair to say that America can be credited with the surge in popular running (and jogging) so I've been surprised by how few runners I've actually come across. On the other hand, judging by how incredibly civic people are towards runners - walking in single file to let them pass, for example - they seem very used to them and, what is more, to respect them. The other thing I find surprising is, unlike in Spain and the UK where virtually every newsagents or equivalent carries a copy of Runner's World (if not several other competing publications too), here I have not seen a single running or triathlon magazine; the only "sports" oriented magazines seem to be about bodybuilding (or fishing, if you count that as a sport).

No comments:

Post a Comment