Friday, January 3, 2014

Back 2 Skool

As a colleague of mine just said, it's only when you go back to work that you realize quite how much you've managed to wind down over the holidays and, therefore, how much of a holiday you really needed. The same goes for my training. I've had a good two weeks of taking it pretty easy, coating myself with a fine layer of protective fat and allowing myself to get over a head cold. It's ahrd to believe that I ran a PB in 10K only a couple of weeks ago because I feel stiff even from the little (slow) running I have been doing these days. Well, it's time to go back to work now.

So next up on the calendar is the Bupa London 10,000 on the 7th of March, which leaves me with 9 weeks of training time between now and then. This will be the first time that I take a 10K race so seriously and with so much of a build up (although I don't think that last year's winner, Mo Farah, has anything to worry about just yet). My idea is to put into production the prototype training plan I tried out for Aranjuez. This time, I'm hoping that the extra weeks of preparation will allow me to get to my training goals, of which I fell slightly short: they are ambitious and subject to revision, depending on how things go. In particular, I want to continue my "vVO2Max" experiment and see whether I can build up to 5 sets of 1,000 at 20 kph (3:00 per kilometre).

No comments:

Post a Comment