Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Quinoa


Today I finally got around to translating quinoa into Spanish: it's "quinoa". It's something I've only heard of from reading Triathlon magazines but, today, I thought I'd actually try it out. What a discovery! I've been trying to cut down on refined carbohydrates like bread, pasta and rice and it is actually quite hard to do. They are so convenient. Brown rice takes forever to cook and I don't have even half of forever to spare. Quinoa looks a bit like couscous, takes a bit longer to cook (10-15 minutes), is absolutely delicious and is stuffed chockablock with proteins (according to the label, 100g of quinoa contains no less than 12.5g of protein!). So I think I have found the solution to what to complement my sirloin and tuna steaks with.

No comments:

Post a Comment