Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 5 / 10

Remind me never to do that again. It was such a grim day yesterday that I couldn't face my long run outside so I decided to run 2 hours on the treadmill. The problem I found was that my feet started to get quite hot and I got some of my first blisters for a long while. I was even woken up in the night every time my toes brushed the the duvet. One of the drawbacks of the treadmill (apart from being boring as hell) is that every step is the same as the last so you tend to overload some parts of the foot and not others. For this reason, it is actually easier for a trained person to injure themselves on a treadmill than on a trail. Anyway, even taking into account the 3.5% error, I ran over 27 km in the two hours. Once you get to 100 minutes, the treadmill rudely stops and you have to restart it (although it doesn't reset everything back to zero).

So the Marathon is looming ever nearer and this time I feel quite different about it. Less obsessed and a bit more relaxed. We'll see whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. This week I have a lactate test and a mini taper before the Getafe Half Marathon on Sunday. This will be my only chance to check my form before the Marathon and I plan to run it flat out rather than at Marathon pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment