Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Week 3 / 10

Not much to say about this week that hasn't been said before. Apart from the two races I did on Saturday, I think the only workout worth mentioning was the cycle ride I did on Sunday. It was a beautiful sunny day and just the right temperature that gloves were not necessary, neither did I work up much of a sweat. I took the road bike although it is always a temptation to go with the tri bike. In the end, the fact that I would have to swap the wheels around or risk getting a flat tubular and most likely having to call my wife to come and rescue me, tipped the balance in its favour. It was a two and a half hour session so I got well beyond Brunete, about 45 minutes away from my house, which seems to be the epicenter of the world and the point through which all cycling routes round my neck of the woods have to pass. Once out on the relatively flat road to Navalcarnero, I was able to zip along at a pretty handy speed without going above my aerobic threshold and get my average for the whole ride up to 30kph. I have to say I really enjoyed it, in spite of it being the last thing I felt like doing on New Year's Day. Just as well that I like riding because I expect there will be a lot more from where that came from between now and the Half Ironman in Marbella in May.

Oh, by the way, I've been asked to write an article on minimalist running shoes for a Spanish sports magazine.. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment