Tuesday, March 11, 2014

ABN Amro CPC Loop Den Haag Half Marathon 2014 Photos


You can probably tell from the even more extreme than usual foaming around the mouth, that I had a bit of a head cold coming on. Well, the exertions of Sunday were enough to bring it on and I am practically speechless today, but not in a good way. I'm supposed to give a two hour talk tomorrow at one of the local universities but I could just as easily lose my voice completely as be right as rain by then. This is something that happens to me once every year or two - I don't ever remember it happening before I moved to Spain. Anyway, between the cold, my stiff legs and my aching back, I'm really not in my best shape today. We've still got gorgeous weather so, if I'm feeling up to it, I may take my mountain bike out for a gentle ride at lunchtime.

I'm not sure how much fighting off this cold might have affected my performance on Sunday but it's better to focus on the things that I can control, such as not setting off too aggressively. On the other hand, maybe I would have been able to keep up a similar pace had I been feeling tip-top - one never knows... I realized that I was worried that I was coming to an age related plateau in performance! If I think how I have been able to train recently, that is hard to believe. Not yet, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment