Friday, October 14, 2011

But seriesly...

Lately I've been having some serious problems with doing series, to the point that it has almost become a mental block for me. A number of weeks ago the series were cut short by some kind of gastroenteritis - by the way, only myself and Youness have so far avoided the virus out of the 9 of us that went to Morocco and both my kids and my wife have had it this week! Then I had a problem with my calf muscle and, last week, the jump to doing 40 minutes at my anaerobic threshold was simply too much. In Morocco, the excuse was the altitude. Don't get me wrong - I have been doing the work, just not quite to my satisfaction and not without it leaving some psychological scars.

Today I tried to do the series (30 minutes followed by 20) on the treadmill (too hot) and then outside (also too hot) before postponing them to after work. I think I have found the solution: I finally managed to get them done running at home on the treadmill with a large fan on full power and a slasher flick on in the background. Somehow seeing people hurting more than me made it easier...

No comments:

Post a Comment